I really think there must be something wrong with me! I know I’ve never been good at maths – I won’t share with you my O’level grade, but suffice to say it wasn’t anywhere near a pass – but now I don’t even seem to be able to count properly.
To this end, all my crochet projects seem to grow without me noticing until I look down, see that it’s not right and then have to undo it! Sooooooo frustrating.
Case in point. My granny stripe blanket. So I cast on 180 stitches – divisible by three, remember. Well I got that bit ok and after the first row of single crochet I started the granny clusters and wow – it all worked out. Plain sailing from there you might think. Think not!
Because I wanted to break up the pattern, I decided that after the first seven rows of granny clusters I would do two rows of each colour in half double crochet – to make stripes – before going back to the original pattern.
Perhaps I shouldn’t mess with other people’s patterns but I can’t help myself – always wanting to change things!